National trade body The Property Care Association is continuing to help the UK property and land management sectors take control of Japanese knotweed, with a comprehensive training programme designed to help ‘normalise’ the problem.
The PCA Qualified Technician (PCAQT) – Japanese knotweed course is for technicians and field operatives working on the control and management of Japanese knotweed. This one day course is designed for new or experienced site workers who want to understand more about the plant and its eradication.
- The biology and ecology of the plant
- How the plant grows and spreads
- Its processes for propagation and the importance of biosecurity
- Methods of control including: chemical, mechanical, biological and burial
- The strengths and challenges that relate to each form of control
- Site safety, waste disposal and the implications of poor site practice
Full details, including a full syllabus and a booking form can be found here.