Last week we posted news that Network Rail lost a legal case brought against them as a result of allowing Japanese knotweed to spread from their land onto the claimants neighbouring private property.
If you believe that you have Japanese knotweed on your property, or close to your property, and would like to understand the risks you will probably need a specialist knotweed survey.
Why have a Knotweed Survey?
A knotweed survey is required to establish the presence of the plant and establish the following:
- Location of the infestation
- Extent of the affected area
- RICS knotweed property risk category
- Any damage to the property
- Any damage to drains and services
- Any damage to patios, paths and driveways
- Presence of knotweed in adjacent land or property
- Proximity of knotweed to a watercourse
Once the survey has been undertaken we can provide advice and costs with regards to the following:
- Knotweed Management Plan; for either herbicide treatment or excavation
- roposed disturbance to the knotweed (e.g. new extensions and outbuildings)
- Encroachment of knotweed into or from your property
- Legal Services
Armed with this information, you will be able to make a decision on what course of action you would like to take, and what is most practical for your situation.
If knotweed is encroaching onto or from your property then we can help you find legal representation.
Book your Knotweed Survey Today
The sooner knotweed is identified the easier it will be to control it. Japanese Knotweed Ltd is a PCA affiliated company providing a national knotweed survey and remediation service. We have a fast response time and our surveys cost from just £180 incl. VAT.