We have a proven track record for eradicating Japanese knotweeed for private landowners, local authorities and major building developers. We pride ourselves on having become one of the leading Japanese knotweed removal experts in the UK. We are dedicated to providing effective treatment and raising awareness of invasive and injurious weed issues throughout the UK.
Through careful selection and recruitment we not only find people with the right skills, expertise and qualifications to deliver an excellent service, we find those with the ability to make a positive contribution to our values and team.
We are always interested in hearing from people who possess the following skills and qualifications.
- CSCS skilled labourer/site worker H&S certificate
- PA1, PA2,& PA6 spraying certificate
- PA6W spraying near water certificate
- Full driving licence
- Good IT skills
If this sounds like you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter.
Click here to download the full job specification in PDF format.
We specialise in the control and removal of Japanese Knotweed. We provide long term chemical treatment and guarantee programmes and immediate excavation options. Typical clients include private home owners, housing associations, large corporate organisations, local authorities, utility companies, property developers, construction companies.
We operate throughout the UK. The regions generally covered in this role will predominantly be London, and the South East and other metropolitan areas. There will be a requirement for you to travel further afield to work and you will be expected to stay away on some occasions, but we will provide overnight accommodation and a subsistence allowance.
The role will involve:
- Excavation of knotweed on residential properties
- Installation of Root barrier
- Application of herbicide using a knapsack sprayer and an injection gun
- Landscaping and clearance work
- You will supervise a team of up to 2 staff
- You will undertake mechanical and manual excavation and removal of knotweed contaminated soil
Essential skills and qualifications required for the role: Key Details
- PA1, PA2, PA6 and PA6W spraying certificates
- Full UK driving licence
Future skills and qualifications to be obtained:
- CSCS – Skilled labourer /site worker H & S Certificate
- LANTRA Stem Injection Treatment
- LANTRA Brushcutter Refresher Course
- SSTS - Supervisor Safety Training Scheme certificate
- CPCS - qualifications in excavator above & below 10T
- CPCS qualification in forward tipping dumpers
- Service location course (CAT scanner)
- Asbestos awareness training course
- Emergency First Aid certificate
- Your base of work will be deemed as being your home address
- All works will be coordinated by the Contracts Manager and the office-based Operations Team
- You will be required to follow the scope of works and work programme, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- You will be responsible for the Health and Safety of yourself, other employees and members of the public/clients on the site.
- You will maintain a record of work which will include photographs, site diary, marking up site plans etc
- You will be able to communicate via email and Sharepoint.
- You will be required to travel to many parts of the UK and will from time to time stay away overnight. Accommodation will be sourced and paid for by the company.
- You will be provided with a van and the fuel.
- You will be provided with a mobile phone and a tablet to enable you to communicate remotely onsite and deliver the information back quickly. You will need internet access for you to communicate from home as required.
- You will be provided with training as and where necessary, by in-house staff.
Work days and times
This is a permanent, full time position and the days of work are Monday to Friday. The hours worked per day and per week will vary to meet the demands of the job with the aim to work 8 hours on site per day, including a half hour lunch. There will be early starts and some late finishes and travelling time will vary according to where the site is located.
We offer 23 days holiday to be taken as follows:
5 days to be taken between November to April
10 days to be taken between May to October
8 days to be taken at Christmas.
If you are interested in this position, please email email@example.com