In some situations, where the client has machinery and labour on-site, we can provide site supervision (Watching Brief) to ensure removal in accordance to the Property Care Association (PCA) Code Of Practice.
Supervision of Others
In some circumstances, the principle contractor or another sub-contractor will already have machinery and labour on-site which they wish to use to undertake the physical knotweed remediation works.
In these instances we can produce:
- A Knotweed Management Plan
- Site Specific Risk Assessment and Method Statement
We would then provide a site supervisor (watching brief) to oversee others in the execution of the works, in accordance with the Knotweed Management Plan, Method Statement and the Property Care Association (PCA) Code of Practice.
Our working Site Supervisors have over 12 years' experience in the knotweed industry (undertaking their first large scale knotweed remediation project in Ipswich in the year 2000) and provide a professional but courteous Watching Brief service.
As parts of a watching brief package you receive:
- Adherence to the Property Care Association (PCA) Code of Practice
- Debrief of all relevant site personnel on the works proposed (Tool Box Talk)
- On-site Practical Logistics Management
- Working supervision ensuring correct procedure and practices
- Practical installation of root barriers (where required)
- Practical Root Barrier Heat Welding and Bonding (where required)
- Site Diary and Full Record of Works
- Waste Records Management and Recording (where required)
- Practical Completion Decontamination
- Completion Reporting
On completion, we will provide a completion report or update the Knotweed Management Plan, with record of the works undertaken. This can then be included in the development Operational and Maintenance Manuals.
Materials and Cart-Away
Where the knotweed remediation requires it we can also supply the following alongside of supervision services:
- Cart-Away of Japanese knotweed (Controlled Waste)
- Supply of Porous or Non-Porous Root Barrier
If we provide Watching Brief services in normal situations we will be able to provide the site our Guarantee Agreement on completion of the works. Our guarantee periods are 2 to 35 years in duration, the duration is chosen by the customer in relation to their requirements (i.e. 12 years to cover NHBC liability periods) or a third parties requirements (i.e. a lender requiring 25 Years to cover a full mortgage term).